Thursday, July 30, 2009

The unseen stranger.

walking down a brick pathway,
clouds appear and rain pours,
drenched with water and the warmth turns cold.
No sweater, so I let my hair fall with droplets of water running through it, hitting the ground.
It rains harder and harder every second, no one is around.
My thoughts are distracted by such apprehension for upcoming life changes.
So many things to do, so many plans to finish.
A sad looking man is walking towards me, wearing a t-shirt and jeans.
He must not have planned for rain, just as I.
Closer and closer he appears, he is walking his golden retriever.
No.
He is not walking his golden retriever,
his eyes are closed, his walk is off balance,
his face is so sad, badgered by the rain.
I see that he is unsighted.
How would he have known about this rain, he did not see the clouds, as I.
My heart sinks, as the saying goes, but it did not feel so. It felt like it lifted
Into my throat, I felt choked, my eyes were filling with water, this water was not rain.
Tears fall and join with the rain drops to the ground.
Pain was deeply felt for this stranger on the brick pathway.
Turn the key to the car, and sit for a while.
watching the rain hit the windshield.
Wondering how life is the way it is sometimes.

–”Totally mad. Utter nonsense. But we’ll do it because it’s brilliant nonsense.”–

- Yours Truly. Huckleberry

No comments: